Deputy Investment Officer
ERGO provides an opportunity to develop and establish your career and to contribute to our results, by applying for
Deputy Investment Officer position
The deputy Investment officer is responsible for the preparation of periodical investment-related reports in cooperation with Controlling and Accounting department. Additionally investment forecasts according to local and group accounting standards have to be prepared. All reports are delivered to ERGO International Operations AG (or other group entities) according to ERGO Group procedures and provisions.
• guarantees the input information necessary for the financial accounting in order to reflect the invetments timely and correctly;
• performs and delivers periodical investment reports in cooperation with Controlling department, real estate reports and investment forecasts;
• making significant contribution to the budget preparation process of the company;
• participation in the reflection and analyze of business activities of the company including analyses investments on the basis of economic and accounting criteria as well as the criteria enforced by the market supervision;
• advise internal partners on the regulatory and compliance implications of transactions, strategies and structures;
• during the absence of Investment Officer, the Deputy Investment Officer must also be able to manage the company´s liquidity, complete occasional transactions in financial markets and communicate in all investment-related matters with the rest of the organization
During the absence of the Investment Officer, the Deputy Investment Officer must also be able to: manage the company’s liquidity and complete occasional transactions in financial markets and communicate in all investment-related matters with the rest of the organization
Requirements for the candidate
• knows the legislation and principles of financial institutions and financial markets incl legislation in the field of insurance and international accounting framework;
• good knowledge of both Estonian and English on for oral and written communication and Russian for oral communication;
• excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and necessary table processing programs and databases;
Personal qualities and abilities
• is conscientious, able to take decisions and accepting responsibility, independent with systemic thinking;
• is able to be productive under pressure.
Required education and experience
• has a master’s degree or the equivalent in economics;
• has sufficient work experience in a financial institution, preferably with asset management or accounting (financial instruments) experience.
• part-time work load (0,5)
• opportunity to work both independently and as a team member
• remuneration in accordance with exellent performance
To apply for this position, please send your CV (in English) with a motivation letter and salary expectations by 16th of December 2011 to email@example.com.
With more than 450,000 clients and premiums of ERGO Baltic totalled EUR 130 million in 2010, ERGO is a second largest insurance group, operating on the P&C, Life and Pension & Health insurance markets of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. ERGO companies operating in the Baltic countries are part of the international ERGO Group – one of the largest insurance corporations in Europe with annual written premiums totalling EUR 20 billion. ERGO has been represented in more than 30 countries in Europe, Asia, and Canada. The Group is currently serving 40 million customers. Munich Re, one of the world's largest reinsurance groups, is the majority shareholder of ERGO