Travel insurance is needed by everyone who likes travelling abroad, for a lot that is unexpected may happen while far away from home. Before you pack your suitcase, it pays to purchase quality travel insurance from ERGO.
ERGO is alone in Estonia in providing travel insurance with unique round-the-clock travel assistance. Contact ERGO Travel Assistance whenever problems come up while travelling.
Expert client service representatives for ERGO Travel Assistance help to find a reasonable solution suitable for the client in the event of a travel problem – assist with exchanging plane tickets, acquiring new tickets or finding an additional hotel. If needed, connect the call with ERGO’s EuroAlarm assistance centre which provides advice on finding the required medical assistance abroad or organises payment for medical expenses. Provide advice and guidance when baggage is lost or delayed.
- In case you buy travel insurance within 48 hours after first payment of travel services the travel disruption insurance enters into force immediately. In case you buy travel insurance later, the travel disruption insurance enters into force 72 hours after the issuing of the policy;
When sports are engaged in during travel (at a location designated for that, e.g., a skiing or diving centre), insurance is valid without a special agreement, except when competitive sports and high-risk sports are engaged in;
There are no constraints with respect to the elderly or the pregnant.
ERGO travel insurance provides the option of choosing the most suitable insurance package and insurance cover for the client. All insurance covers may be chosen separately. Insurance cover includes:
- medical care insurance;
- travel disruption insurance (cancellation of travel + interruption of travel);
- baggage insurance;
- liability insurance together with legal assistance insurance.
- expenses of essential medical care due to the insured person falling ill unexpectedly, the aggravation of a chronic illness or accident. Indemnification is provided for a doctor's fee, medications, medical assistance, hospitalisation expenses;
- necessary transportation expenses abroad due to an insured event;
- expenses related to repatriating the insured person (by chartered plane or the like), also at the insurer's consent the travel and accommodation expenses of one person accompanying the insured person;
- expenses of first aid dental treatment with a maximum limit of indemnity of 200 euros per insurance event;;
- expenses related to the burying or cremating abroad of the remains of the insured person or repatriating their remains.
In the event of cancelled travel, indemnification is provided for:
- the cost of tickets and services included in the travel package that have been redeemed but not used.
- reasonable and justified accommodation and transportation expenses incurred in order to continue travelling or return to the country of permanent residence;
- cost of redeemed but unused services (except accommodation and transportation costs).
ERGO baggage insurance indemnifies losses caused by the theft, robbery, loss, damage and/or delay of insured baggage at the connecting or final travel destination. Unlike a few other insurers, with ERGO, baggage is deemed to also include a mobile phone, laptop computer, photographic and video equipment, and sports equipment.
Indemnification is provided for:
- upon baggage becoming unusable or lost, its market value prior to the insured event;
- reasonable and justified costs of the issuing of necessary documents;
- cost of indispensable convenience goods purchased due to the delay of baggage, up to 25% of the insured amount of baggage insurance.
ERGO liability insurance helps with indemnification for both legal expenses and property damage or loss caused to a third party. This insurance option is offered in Estonia by ERGO only.
If you travel often, ERGO recurring travel insurance is the most appropriate for you. With this, there is no need to remember to arrange insurance each time – you can go travelling without a worry year-round.
Before concluding the contract, you are requested to kindly examine the terms and conditions of insurance and, if needed, consult ERGO.
General terms and conditions of insurance contracts KT.0898.12
General terms and conditions of insurance contracts KT.0806.11 (Valid for contracts issued until 31.10.2012)
Terms and conditions of travel insurance KT.0715.11
Special conditions of travel liability insurance KT.0578.10