New! Cancer insuranceCancer insurance is something to be considered early on. Once you have a diagnosis, it is unfortunately too late for insurance. Cancer insurance allows you to start treatment immediately and focus on what matters most – your health. Nowadays, a cancer diagnosis is not a death sentence, it is a disease that can be effectively treated.
The Estonian Health Insurance Fund will usually cover the majority of any treatment costs required. However, there are exceptions where further treatment or a medicinal product is needed which is not covered by the Estonian Health Insurance Fund. In this case, you will need to find the funds yourself, and insurance is one of the best ways to do this.
In addition to treatment costs, it is a good idea to consider your everyday expenses when buying insurance – such as housing costs, loan repayments and food or other living expenses.
How does cancer insurance work?
- You should start thinking about entering into an insurance contract today and make sure you take out a policy before any health problems arise.
- A cancer insurance contract can be entered into by a person 18 to 55 years of age.
- The cancer insurance contract is entered into without a term.
- Insurance premiums depend on the age of the insured person and the sum chosen.
- If the insured person is diagnosed with a malignant neoplasm, they will be indemnified for 100%, 20% or 10% of the chosen sum insured.
- The amount of the indemnity depends on the diagnosis and the severity of the disease.
- An indemnity which has already been paid out does not reduce the sum insured under the contract, except if 100% of the sum insured is paid out immediately after receiving the diagnosis.
- The waiting period is six months from entry into force of the insurance contract. The insurance cover is not yet valid during the waiting period. If the insured person is diagnosed with a malignant neoplasm in the period from entry into force of the insurance contract to the end of the waiting period, we will not pay the insurance indemnity.
Good to know
- ERGO cancer insurance is a unique type of insurance in Estonia which helps in the case of cancers.
- From cancer insurance premiums, ERGO supports the Estonian Cancer Society.