Pets give love, friendship and companionship to people. In return they wish to have a home, be fed and taken care of. However, owners frequently think that care means just the basic needs of the pet and do not think about its health in the long term. An animal, just like a human being, may be struck by sudden health problems; accidents and diseases happen to animals, too. Broken bones, allergies, car accidents or even cancer – your pet will need professional medical help in any case. Medical care is not free, and the costs involved may be surprising to the pet owner.NB! ERGO offers pet insurance only with home insurance.
Advantages of ERGO Pet Insurance
- Opportunity to choose various additional insurance covers.
- If the animal goes missing, the expenses for the search ad will be compensated, as well as a reward in the amount of up to EUR 64, with no deductible.
- Opportunity to choose the medical aid insurance amount, starting from EUR 450.
- Animal owner’s liability insurance EUR 6400.
- ERGO shall not change the terms and conditions of the insurance contract as your pet gets older.
- The sum insured shall not be reduced by the amount of indemnity paid out.
- ERGO will not assign you a veterinarian. You can choose the best treatment for your pet, and after presenting the invoice, ERGO shall pay the medical expenses as agreed in the insurance contract.
- The insurance cover purchased for use abroad shall be valid globally; the term of contract shall be up to one year, depending on the need.
- The insurance payment can be made once per month, quarter, half-year or year.
- The contract is entered into for one year.
What does ERGO pet insurance cover?
|Veterinarian’s aid: costs of treatment, appointment and consultation fees||
|Death of the animal as a result of an accident or sudden illness (incl. if the veterinarian believes that the animal should be put to sleep)||
|Theft of the animal||
|Disappearance of the animal||
|Search costs or finder’s reward if the animal has disappeared||
EUR 64 (without deductible)
|Insurance cover also beyond the borders of Estonia||
The price of insurance depends on the breed of the animal.
|Civil liability insurance: pet owner’s third party liability insurance, should the pet cause damage to a third party||
|Decrease in value of a hunting or service dog||
– 50% kindlustussummast
What to consider when insuring your pet?Pet insurance cover can be obtained for a properly vaccinated pet aged between four months and seven years. Treatment of hereditary and chronic diseases or diseases that appeared before entering into the insurance contract shall not be subject to compensation under the insurance contract. The pet must have a tattoo or microcapsule. The pet needs to be tagged, primarily so that it could be identified upon a loss event.
General terms and conditions.