Pre-contract details of MoD insurance for the client
What you need to know before concluding a contract.
MoD insurance reimburses damage caused to your vehicle and you do not need to worry about large unexpected costs.
You can get full MoD from the online office, which protects you in the case of a natural disaster and hail, damage caused by the vehicle catching fire, mechanical force and loading, vandalism, traffic accident, theft and robbery.
Benefits of MoD insurance:
- free replacement vehicle from ERGO for a passenger vehicle or a
delivery van in regular usage for up to 21 days
- free ERGO roadside assistance all over Europe for
passenger vehicles and delivery vans and motorcycles in regular usage
- glass damage and impacts of wild animals without
- fast and good-quality claims administration
When will MoD insurance not help?
Damage is not reimbursed:
- when occurring while the vehicle is used outside of the covered
- when it has been caused by the vehicle’s wear, rust, unauthorised modifications,
inadequate or incorrect maintenance
- when caused to the vehicle’s passenger compartment by pets
- when caused due to the vehicle being stolen and the police not being
notified; when the vehicle is confiscated
- when the vehicle participated in a competition or training, drove
outside of the road traffic
- when caused by war, terrorism, civil unrest, strike
- when caused by the use of the wrong motor fuel
The full list of exemptions is provided in Clause 12 of the Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Insurance.
Term of the contract
MoD insurance contract is concluded without a fixed term. The insurance period is one year. Before the insurance period expires, ERGO will send you a new policy and invoice. If you want to terminate the contract, please send a notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need help?
Save ERGO’s 24/7 road assistance number: +372 655 5401.
Your insurance policy specifies:
- insurance cover and amount;
- insurance term;
- amount of the insurance premium;
- ERGO’s contact data and those of roadside assistance.
What should you know about the e-office?
- When you operate via the e-office, make sure that your information is accurate and complete.
- You can view the terms and conditions of insurance and policies in the e-office.
- You can see the final cost of insurance in the e-office.
- In the e-office, you get your insurance policy, which does not need to be signed. You have entered into the contract when you are directed from the e-office to the Internet bank. As you enter the Internet bank, you became liable for payment.
- ERGO will keep all of your insurance contracts until the end of the limitation period.
- You may withdraw from a contract entered into via the e-office without naming the reason, within 14 days after entry into the contract. You can send your withdrawal notice via ERGO’s web page or by e-mail to email@example.com. If you withdraw from an insurance contract, we will repay you the premiums for the time during which we did not have to bear insurance liability.
Other information that you should know
- The insurance contract is concluded based on the General Terms and Conditions of ERGO insurance contracts and the Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Insurance.
- When entering into the insurance contract you confirm that the insurer has made the general terms and conditions and insurance conditions available to you, you have read them and agree to them.
- The principles of processing clients’ personal details are available here.
- If you want to send a complaint to ERGO, please e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may turn to a conciliation body at the Estonian Insurance Association to settle a dispute with the insurer. Before a conciliation procedure, the claim in the disputed matter shall be submitted to the insurer and the insurer must be provided with an opportunity to reply to the claim. Additional information is available on the Estonian Insurance Association’s website www.eksl.ee.
- Any disputes arising from insurance contracts, including disputes concerning which no agreement is reached at an insurance conciliation body, shall be settled at Harju County Court.
- Insurance contracts are governed by Estonian law.
- You are entitled to submit a complaint with the Financial Supervision Authority (Sakala 4, Tallinn) to protect your interests: www.fi.ee.
Insurer is ERGO Insurance SE, registry code
address A. H. Tammsaare tee 47 Tallinn
Phone: 6106 500, e-mail email@example.com