Insurance for non-road mobile machinery and coupling equipment
Builders construct buildings, outdoor water supply and sewerage, roads, and so on. Farmers cultivate fields, grow grains, potatoes, and so on. Foresters are engaged in growing and felling forests, transporting timber, and so on. Operators deal with the maintenance of roads, streets or green spaces, lifting, treatment of materials, and so on.
Performing all these tasks requires machinery and equipment, the use of which entails risks – the collision of machinery with a moving or stationary object, running into an obstacle, tipping over, an object falling onto the machinery, sinking into the ground; traffic accidents, leaving the road, damage during transport of the machinery on a trailer or tow truck; likewise, the machinery or equipment may be damaged by fire, storm, or a tree or other object falling on the machinery due to a storm; natural flood, theft, vandalism, and so on. All these risks can be hedged or insured against.
ERGO offers the possibility to insure various machinery and equipment with Insurance for non-road mobile machinery and coupling equipment.
The policyholder can be a person with an insurable interest – the owner or legal possessor of the machinery.
The object of insurance shall be land-based machinery together with its working mechanism, its coupling device or any other equipment in the complete set specified by the manufacturer. If several working mechanisms are used to work with the machinery, the insurance contract applies to the disassembled working mechanism at the place of storage of the machinery, regardless of whether the machinery is located at the place where the work is performed or moves from one place to another within the borders of the insured space.
The sum insured is the market value of the machinery, which does not decrease by the reimbursement paid out.
An insured event is the unexpected and unforeseeable damage, destruction or loss of the machinery at the insured space and during the insurance period for a reason that is not excluded according to the terms and conditions of the insurance.
The reason for the occurrence of an insured event may be, for example:
- fire, direct hit by lightning, storm or a tree or other object falling on the machinery due to a storm, natural flooding, theft, burglary, robbery and/or vandalism;
- collision of the machinery with a moving or stationary object, hitting an obstacle, tipping over, an object falling on the machinery or the machinery falling over, the machinery sinking into the ground, glass damage;
- traffic accident in road traffic on a public road;
- tipping over or falling of the machinery during transport and when loading or unloading onto or from the transport vehicle;
- other damage, the causes of which are not excluded according to the terms and conditions of the insurance.
In the event of partial damage to the machine, if the damage can be repaired, the reasonable repair and/or replacement costs shall be reimbursed:
- the costs of disassembly, restoration and reassembly of the damaged part;
- the costs of replacing the damaged part, including transport and assembly costs. When reimbursing replacement costs, the age, technical condition, degree of wear and tear and completeness of the part to be replaced shall be taken into account. If it is not possible to reacquire a part with a degree of wear and tear corresponding to its age, the cost of the new part shall be reimbursed;
- the reasonable rescue and transport costs of the machinery.
In the event of complete destruction of the machinery, as well as theft and robbery, the market value of the machinery shall be reimbursed.