Vehicle legal protection insurance
In addition to ERGO motor TPL insurance, you can also purchase legal protection insurance for your vehicle.
will cover legal protection costs that may arise in legal disputes related to
the insured vehicle. The legal protection insurance covers 10 000 euros in
legal fees per insured event. In addition to the legal protection costs
coverage, the client who has chosen this cover is able to seek advice and
instructions from lawyers by calling ERGO’s legal helpline (+372 660 4900) on
the legal matters and disputes related to the insured vehicle.
For example, legal protection costs are
covered in the following events regarding vehicles:
- The service provided by a repair shop turns out to be poor in
quality and the shop refuses to rectify its mistakes.
- Damage collection from the owner of the road for damage caused by a
- The car was damaged in a car wash and the operator of the car wash
refuses to indemnify it.
- Snow or ice fall on the vehicle from the roof of a building and the
owner of the building refuses to indemnify it.
- You purchase a new car and take out legal protection insurance
additional cover to the MTPL within seven days, then discover flaws which
the seller had concealed.
- You sell your vehicle, which was covered with legal protection
insurance at the time of the sale, and the seller demands the
rectification of alleged flaws.
- You incur proven damage during an accident that the person causing
the accident is not willing and their insurer is not obligated to
If you wish to get a wider
legal protection coverage, please see here.