Railway rolling stock insuranceRailways are important in the transport of both passengers and goods. These days, railway transportation is used more and more. ERGO offers assuredness to Estonian railway enterprises on both domestic and foreign transports.
An insurance agreement can be entered into by the owner of the means of railway transportation, its lessee or some other legal possessor.
It is possible to insure engines, wagons and passenger carriages; insurance protection is valid throughout their use. The insurance covers the body of a rolling stock unit, the interior, including wiring, insulation, finishing, equipment, systems, main and auxiliary mechanisms, boilers, diesel generators and other devices and equipment.
What does the railway rolling stock insurance cover?
- Damage caused by a train accident, collision or derailment.
- Damage caused by a fire or explosion on a railway vehicle.
- Damage caused by a natural disaster (flood, storm, hurricane, landslip, snow, lightning strike, squall, hail).
- Loss of a railway vehicle.
- Damage from unlawful activities by a third person.
- ERGO insurance conditions are up-to-date and correspond to the client’s needs.
- ERGO’s client may rest assured that the insurance protection is sufficient, since ERGO’s railway rolling stock total insurance cover protects from unexpected and unforeseeable damage and loss for any reason (except for exclusions).
- In addition to the direct property damage, ERGO also compensates for losses related to prevention or reduction of damage.
- ERGO loss adjustment is fast and professional, and if a client wishes, he/she is given a detailed overview of each of its stages. The aim of ERGO loss adjustment is to find the fairest and most suitable solution for each client to compensate for a loss event.
General terms and conditions of insurance contracts KT.0806.11 (Valid for contracts issued until 31.10.2012)
Terms and conditions of railway rolling stock insurance KT.0787.11